Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Difficult not to feel a little bit disappointed, and passed over

Sometimes I see a side of people that I don't like.

Bitching. Taking the piss out of someone who isn't there to defend themselves. Not supporting friends who need their help. Neglecting other friends who simply aren't as obvious. Thinking they know best when actually they know nothing.

I'm aware that often when these things happen, I'm not aware of the full story - maybe their actions are justified. Maybe not.

It still disappoints me.

I used to pride myself on being a good judge of character. Either people change for the worse, or I'm not as good a judge as I thought I was.

And before anyone assumes, I'm not having a dig at anyone - I'm not that petty. But if you think I am, that means you're probably guilty anyway, even though I'm not talking about you. Have a think about it.

Probably I should sleep, because I'm not convinced that this makes much sense. Who's still with me?

Oh, and the post title's from an APC song. Here you are.



2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I think most people have that side at one time or another. It's not a constant, but once in a great while... It IS disappointing to see it in other people - and even more so to see it in yourself. It does happen. I try to catch it before it gets to my mouth..

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. Hopefully it's just a one-off thing.

    I hate when people do that though, because I never know how to react - although I don't join in I don't tend to stop people from bitching, and that disappoints me a bit.

    ReplyDelete