Sunday, March 04, 2007

Barnes photos - installment 1

I borrowed Michael's camera for the trip yesterday. It's a Panasonic DCM FZ30, and I haven't really used it before, except for occasional snaps of garden birds. He gave me a quick lesson on how to do stuf like change the card and battery, change to manual focus, stuff like that.

I'm actually very pleased with some of the photos I got, considering the fact that I don't know much about it, and mostly just pointed the camera and pressed the button.

I'm going to subject you to loads of pictures because I can - some of them because I'm pleased with the shot, some because I like the birds and some because I like the mood.

I'll start with a few non-bird-ish ones, mostly views from hides. Impressive to see a place like that so close to a city - you can clearly see buildings in the background.

This one's actually a hide! It's octagonal, and looks out on all directions.

The dark guys are cormarants, and there are a few grey herons and (mostly black-headed) gulls.

I thought we'd stumbled into a B movie.

1 comment: