Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Veg plot - day 11

Nothing much today really. I know, I lied, and didn't post anything yesterday. Mostly because I forgot about taking pics until it was too dark.

I meant to move soil today, but Emma came round and didn't fancy anything heavy - she's stressed about work stuff and not sleeping well - so we just put in some lettuce seeds and transplanted some sweet peas instead.

So here's what's happening inside, and in the greenhouse.

Aubergines.

Beetroot.

Broccoli.

Cauliflowers.

Carrots (sown maybe a month ago).

Dwarf French beans, which have shot up really fast.

Huckleberries.

Lettuce, also from a month ago. It'll grow much quicker now it's warmer.

Melon.

Peas - also grow very fast.

Peppers and chillies.

Pumpkin.

Spinach.

Squash. There's 28 of these, in 6 varieties. I was hoping that maybe 2 of each would survive, but all except two are still with us (the two never germinated). Looks like some might be given away...

Tomatillos - the second attempt. Fungus killed the last lot.

Tomatoes, which just came through the other day.

Watercress.

So there you are, some green stuff for a change!

I'm hoping to be able to harvest the first crop (mixed lettuce/salad leaves) in 3-4 weeks. Won't that be fun?

4 comments:

  1. So exciting when those little green heads pop up... and I love it that your "dwarf" bean plants are bigger than most of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had been a couple of weeks since I checked your blog. Wow! What a happy surprise! Makes me want to go out and tear up some rock (my yard is very very rocky).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lot of veggies you're growing. After seeing your pictures I'm really getting anxious to start growing myself. Well done Anna.

    ReplyDelete