Thursday, August 21, 2008

I fail, at least in some ways

Firstly, apologies for not posting about Scotland much much sooner.

I do have sort of an excuse, trust me.

Firstly, our router decided to die and wouldn't let me get online. Weirdly, wireless worked so I could get online using the Wii but that isn't really at all convenient, not having a keyboard and all. And unfortunately my desktop doesn't do wireless.

It took a couple of weeks to get a new router (actually we fitted a wireless card into my machine first, but still), and by that time I'd a) almost forgotten about blogging, b) got out of the habit of even going online and c) got very distracted by my new project (since I can only actually do one thing at once).

Which leads me nicely into....

... I now have an online shop, selling my own handmade jewellery! So I've been very busy making stuff and photographing it and getting it listed, and doing money type stuff which I'm not good at. The more observant of you will have noticed the advert in the sidebar showing some of my items for sale - please click through and have a look at the other stuff too, and let me know what you think!

I'll try to get to the Scotland stuff soon. Sorry.

6 comments:

  1. Bah! Router problems, they are the work of Satan. We have a supposedly spare router that only works every third Tuesday if the temperature is above 23.5 degrees.

    I'll add a link to your shop to my blog - do you have any badge sized graphics, something about 180 wide? I could pop one in my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kate! I've Facebooked you with code, hope it's okay. Blogger won't let me put it here.

    Hate routers. Stupid things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR LITTLE HEDGEHOGS!!! They are so cute! WHen things settle down here a bit, I believe I shall be buying a few. Do they come in any bigger sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sayre! Rather fond of them myself. :)

    I've never actually made bigger sizes, but it would be easy to modify the pattern. How big were you thinking? I might well do a trial one and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, maybe four to six inches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Sayre, that I can do. That would be like twice the dimensions of a normal one. So that's 4x as much yarn, 8x as much stuffing. (3-dimensional calculations hurt my head!)

    I'll have to knit one up to see how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete